Saturday, September 18, 2010

Climate Change and Human Rights

This is a period when I am focusing a great deal on the interlinked subjects of Millenium Development Goals (MDGs) and climate change. The two are interlinked because climate change has a disproportionate effect on the poorest and those who have least resources to enable them to adapt (see a previous blog I wrote here) and so makes the achievement of the MDGs increasingly more difficult.

My previous post on this blog was about the MDGs arising out of my personal involvement with Save the Children but I am also heavily involved in climate change because of the professional work I am doing for the Association for International Broadcasting (AIB). They run annual awards for the best in international media. This year for the first time there is a People's Choice award, which I am running, where online viewers will vote for their favourite programme. The subject is "Best Coverage of Climate Change" and the short list has entries from the BBC, CNN International, Phoenix Satellite TV, Sky, the UN and VRT.

If like me, you are interested in climate change, you can be one of the first to see the short listed entries, vote for your favourite and share your choice with your friends and colleagues by signing up here.

You can also read my latest blog on theaibs.tv site on the subject of climate change and human rights here

No comments:

Post a Comment